Warning messageThe string webform:106:confirmation could not be refreshed with the text format html because it is not allowed for translation.
ISAE-SUPAERO : a world leader in higher education
for aerospace engineering
ISAE-SUPAERO is a public higher education institution overseen by the Ministry of Defense. Its mission is to educate the most highly qualified engineers and scientists in the aerospace industry and to contribute to technological development in the aerospace field. To this end, it develops an integrated approach to teaching, research and innovation; ISAE SUPAERO works in close collaboration with all the academic and industrial stakeholders in the Toulouse aerospace hub while actively participating in networks and partnerships with premier international universities. .
A unique offering of advanced aerospace engineering higher education programs to answer the needs of the aerospace sector
• The ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO program, which has long been a benchmark in higher education programs for the aerospace industry, has a longstanding reputation as one of the premier French engineering programs (recruitment mainly from the Mines-Pont competitive exam following two years of scientific preparatory classes).
• 1 Masters of Science (MsC) Aerospace Engineering
• 15 Advanced Masters® (one year specialization, courses delivered in French and English) answering the full spectrum of aerospace industry needs ;
• 1 apprenticeship based engineering program in partnership with CNAM (open to students holding a BTS or a DUT ;
• 5 Research Master’s programs (Msc) in the following fields : astrophysics, space sciences and planetology ; fluid dynamics, energetics and transfers ; mechanical engineering ; computer science and telecommunications ; applied and fundamental mathematics.
• 6 doctoral schools : Aeronautics and astronautics (EDAA of which ISAE is the supporting establishment) ; Electrical engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications (GEET) ; Mechanical engineering, Energetics, civil engineering and processes (MEGeP) ; Mathematics, Computer science and Telecommunications of Toulouse (MITT) ; Sciences of the Universe, the Environment and Space (SDU2E) ; Systems (EDSys).
• A complete offering of continuing education programs delivered by our subsidiary, EUROSAE.
An ambitious research strategy
At the heart of the Toulouse aerospace hub, ISAE SUPAERO engages in research in a wide range of areas from aerodynamics to neuroergonomics applied to air safety including the behavior of materials, the dynamics of structures and signal processing. To this end, the school relies on its own research teams as well as working with partners in the l’Université fédérale de Toulouse and the main research organizations in Toulouse including in particular:
• ONERA, one research unit of which is located right near the ISAE-SUPAERO campus
• CNRS, of which the large automated systems laboratory (LAAS) is also nearby ISAE-SUPAERO
• The Institut Clément Ader, a joint laboratory with l’université Paul Sabatier, INSA and Ecole des Mines, specialized in the mechanics of structures and materials
• l’Institut de recherche technologique St-Exupéry (technological research institute)
Close collaboration with the aerospace industry
The institute, a member of Aerospace Valley competitiveness cluster, has longstanding strong support from industry. Close collaboration with industry has developed in recent years thanks to financial support from GIFAS and creation of teaching and research chairs in a wide range of areas:
• with Airbus Defence and Space : CMOS imagers for space
• with SAFRAN : Management of innovative programs – applied to the aerospace sector (jointly chaired with HEC) ; Innovative propulsive architectures
• with AIRBUS : ecological aircraft design
• with AIRBUS GROUP : critical embedded systems
• with AXA : human factors and neuroergonomics for air safety
• with Nuclétudes : impact of the radiation environment on space system design
• with Zodiac Aerospace and BNP Paribas : technological innovation and entrepreneurship (joint chair with Ecole Polytechnique)
Strong international engagement
- Partnerships with the premier international universities specialized in the aerospace sector:
•In Europe : Cranfield (Great Britain), TU Munich (Germany), TU Delft (The Netherlands), Université polytechnique de Madrid (Spain), université de Pise (Italy)…
• and in the world : Stanford (The United States), Berkeley (United States), Caltech, MIT (United States), University of Michigan (United States), Ecole polytechnique de Montréal (Canada), NICTA (Australia)…
- A vibrant international multicultural community with:
• A student body composed of 30 % international students
• 48 nationalities and 5 continents represented